Thursday, May 8, 2014

12 weeks & 1st trimester screening

Hello, hello! It's been a hot minute since I've posted anything, work has just been insane, and when I'm not working, I'm simply exhausted.

But I did want to get on here and give some updates on how things are going, the lack of clothing that fits, the things I gag on daily and of course BABY C!

First off, these past few weeks have been... challenging! I am fully trying my best to embrace the nausea and exhaustion I have from morning til night, but let me tell you, it's not easy! Whoever thought the hard part was over after the infertility stuff was totally wrong. I mean, seriously, I think anyone that has to suffer through infertility should totally get a pass on this "morning" (they lie, it's ALL DAY) sickness and such. And people, I gag. On like, everything. It's hilarious and gross at the same time. My gag reflex is just super sensitive -- I can barely brush my teeth in the mornings without gagging. Actually just thinking about brushing my teeth has me on the brink of gagging. Weirdest phenomenon everrrrrr.

Anyway, and oh yeah... big news! Monday was a sad and happy day. Graduation from the RE. I may or may not have told them I wasn't leaving and that they would just have to deliver Baby C. I mean, seriously, you see these people multiple times a week for years on end, and then it's like, ok go find a new doctor... noooooooooo! But alas, I have graduated onto greener pastures. And the MOST exciting part of that, no more shots! (Shots, shots, shots... sorry I always sing that damn Lil' John song) but yes, they are done. 11 weeks and 5 days of shots and finally we're done. My backside is super bruised happy now.

So with my graduation from the RE, I went back to my regular OB and had a couple appointments. But today was the big one. The 1st trimester screening. And... it was great! Everything is looking nice and normal so far! NT scan showed the space between the neck at 1.3 which is normal. There was a clear nasal bone. Heart rate was 166 bpm. Baby had 2 arms, 2 legs, a bladder, a stomach and some other stuff. The tech pointed out so many things, it was amazing to see. And right before the ultrasound ended, Baby did a little flip for us! Gymnast in training perhaps? Oh, and the best part of the appointment? NO DILDO CAM! Yes, ultrasound wand on the outside people! Woot woot! We're really in the money now, huh?

11 weeks
12 weeks #selfie
Anyway, the SCH is still hanging around, but definitely shrinking, so I am finally cleared for light exercise. So I'll be looking into some prenatal yoga DVD's once I put down the box of cookies soon.
I also got a script for the Harmony test, though I may have to duke it out with Cigna to make sure it's covered. If not, we'll skip it, but if possible, I'd like to get it done.

Other than that, my next appointment isn't until the beginning of June! What am I going to do with myself until then?? That's probably the longest I've gone without a doctor's appointment since the beginning of the year when I was healing from the laparoscopy!

Oh yeah, and last thing. Maternity clothes are glorious. I really wish I could have worn some of them pre-pregnancy. Elastic waist jeans are the shiz-nit.

That's it for me tonight. Time for a snack and then I've gotta put this baby to bed!
*S

7 comments:

  1. Oh yay. Love this update. Congrats on 12 weeks! I agree the stretchy waist jeans are pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy! Congrats grad :). I'm sorry you've been sick, it really is the worst! Hang in there and someday the gagging will stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that everything is going well. Congrats on the fabulous 1st trimester screen. Can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or a girl. Oh, and I plan on saving those maternity pants for next year too - I am thinking Thanksgiving outfit for many years to come....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear an update from you and even happier that everything is going perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're enjoying your maternity clothes and pregnancy is treating you well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good news on all fronts! Hope the sickness will go away as you get into the 2nd tri, but I agree with you...no one who went through infertility should have to then endure so much nausea. Can't wait to hear how the next apt. in June goes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot woot! Graduating must be a great relief! Excited to know what your having!!

    ReplyDelete