Saturday, February 14, 2015

Making Peace...

Well folks, I'm officially throwing in the towel. I've finally made peace with giving up breastfeeding. I made it to 3 months which is a quarter of my original goal. 
And yes I know breastfeeding is hard and it takes lots of dedication. And I'm still open to breastfeeding in the future. But for now I think I'll be happier once I'm done with it and proud of myself for sticking with it for the 3 months that I did. (And probably by the time I completely wean it will be closer to 4 months).

Even as ive been (almost) exclusively pumping for the past couple of weeks I've still had to majorly supplement with formula. And I started to get sick last week and my low supply took another hit. I wasn't eating or drinking enough, I was stressed, and having a baby that likes to wake up multiple times during the night just wasn't helping. And that's when it was decided. 

So I'm cutting myself some slack and saying it's ok. I got 3 months in and that is pretty good in my book.

6 comments:

  1. Definitely cut yourself slack and good for you! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you mama! No judgement here! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being at peace with your decision
    Be proud of the work that you did.
    Be happy you won't have an 18 month old who is addicted to the breast

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to do what is right for you and that is all that matter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is okay. You did a great job and now the formula will give your baby the sustenance that he needs. No guilt needed mama!

    ReplyDelete