Monday, January 13, 2014

Looking Back, Looking Ahead

Looking back, i never thought we would be going thru this process for such a long time. Over two years of trying to make a human being without success. Going thru these cycles hasn't been easy. Especially because the schedule you have to be on requires certain timing of doctors appts, injections, etc. I basically haven't had a social life in a really really long time. We haven't made any long term plans, we haven't taken any vacations because I never know where I'll be in the middle of a medication cycle. Most of these meds have to be refrigerated, so that's posed issues too (a la bringing a lunch box full of shots to the Jets game).

I start my next FET cycle in 2 weeks. And I can't tell you how nice it has been to have these past 2 months off. I can go to dinner with my girlfriends and not have to leave at a certain time, I can make plans to do things at night and not have to worry about shots. Our weekends are free to do whatever we please.

Until the 27th. When it all starts again. When i become a slave to the IVF/FET schedule.

Already, I have my group of girlfriends trying to plan a lunch for a weekend in February. And my cousins who've invited us up to Boston for a weekend in April... and while I know that having no life for the benefit of staying on my medication schedule is in my own best interests, it just totally sucks.

So ya know what? I'm going to have to be the "flaky" friend for now. I'm not going to be the person that doesn't make plans because I don't know where I will be in my cycle. I'm not going to be the person that doesn't plan a trip because I don't know if I'll have a dr appt, transfer, procedure that weekend.

I need to live my life. And if I have to "reschedule" along the way, then so be it. I have to stop putting our lives on hold and be more flexible. Though I did already tell hubby that we have to stay home for the Superbowl so i can shoot myself up. LOL.

*s

7 comments:

  1. I was beginning to wonder where you have been hiding at. I always made the mistake of not making plans or living my life bc of infertility. And when we did I would become a hormonal person bc my schedule would be off. The 27th will be here in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your upcoming FET! I think it's good that you are trying to live your life in the meantime. This is such an all-encompassing process. Hoping this is your cycle, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an excellent plan, even if you have to "flake" on some things. Living is important yet so hard to do during a cycle. Good luck with your upcoming FET.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the FET coming up! I will say many prayers for you :) This IF stuff totally seems to take control of everything doesn't it? Or at least pretty much all of our thoughts. It sounds like you have a good plan though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! We'll be close in our cycles again this time around! I have my transfer on the 24th. I think this will be our time! Twinsies for both of us :D

    ReplyDelete