Friday, October 18, 2013

Sunshine!

 
Well guess what? The SWEET adorable Aubrey nominated me for this award! This Award is given to bloggers whose posts brighten your day.
 
The rules are as follows:

1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award
5. Link your nominees and let them know they’ve been nominated. 
 
Here are Aubrey's questions and my answers:
 
1) Why do you blog, and will you continue to blog when (I'm being positive for ALL of you!!) you get pregnant/have a baby(ies)?
 
I blog here at The IF Journey AND at Sweet Silver Linings (non-fertility related) because it's a way for me to vent (IF will make you MAD!) and share, collaborate, and connect with all of you! I think especially for IF, having other people who are going thru what you are going thru is such a big comfort. More so, it's a chance to connect with women and share information, support and hope. And if this FET works which (it will, it will, it will) I hope it does, I absolutely plan on blogging about my pregnancy and future twins triplets baby!
 
2) What do you do for work (I'm always curious to know what everyone does all day long!)?
 
I work for a small medical communications company as a graphic designer. OK, my official title is Creative Director, but it's a graphic designer. LOL Let's be real. Ironically, one of our biggest clients has me creating posters about IVF and ART, so I can educate myself at work! The flip side of our clients deal with male issues, and let's just say, I've seen some pretty interesting photos of certain body parts that should never be bent at the angles they are bent at. Bad mental image? Yes.
 
I also have a freelance graphic design company on the side, where I design everything from logos to business cards to websites. 
 
3) What would you say is the best piece of advice for someone who is just beginning their journey in the land of infertility?
 
Read all our blogs! I mean, that's a given right? But seriously, I'd say educate yourself as much as possible, and make sure you are your own advocate. Ask your doctor a million and one questions, cover all your bases, bug your insurance companies to see what's covered and not.
 
4) What would you say is the best piece of advice for someone who is not going through infertility, but who doesn't know what to say to someone who is?
 
Don't be judgmental. One of my best friends made a comment to me about how people who had to do fertility treatments, that was God's way of telling them that they don't DESERVE children. At the time, I hadn't started fertility treatments, but I still felt like it was such a rude ignorant comment. Once I began treatments, I certainly didn't bother telling my friend about them, knowing her opinion. Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself. 
 
Oh yeah, and stop telling me to "Just relax". I AM RELAXED DAMMIT. DON'T I SEEM RELAXED TO YOU! (kidding).
 
5) What is the item of clothing you want to buy most for this fall season?
 
I'm eyeing a couple pairs of booties as we speak!
How cute are these?
 
 
 
6) What is your biggest pet peeve?
 
Hmmmm
  • when hubby doesn't change the roll on the toilet paper, and sets the new roll on TOP of the old roll and holder
  • when the timer is not cleared on the microwave
  • when the dog snores in my ear when i'm trying to sleep (this may be because he insists on sleeping on my pillow at night. #spoiled)
 
7) If you won the lottery, what would be the FIRST thing you'd do?
 
Buy a house. Hands down. OK, a close second would be to buy this bag... ok i know i don't really need to win the lottery to buy this bag. But, it was either buy the bag or pay for cycle meds.... guess the meds won out.


 
8) What is your middle name?
 
Lynn
 
9) Where would you live if you could move to anywhere you wanted in the whole wide world?
 
honestly, i know people make fun of Jersey, but i love it here... so i'd probably stay right where i am. though having a second house in paris or milan would be pretty nice too!
 
10) How many siblings do you have - are you the youngest, middle child, oldest or an only child?
 
I have 1 younger brother. We're both adopted, so not blood siblings. But he's the one and only brother that I know of that I've got, so I think I'll keep him! :P

And here are my nominees...
  1. Starting Our Family
  2. In Due Time
  3. NatJezz Crawford
  4. Welcome to My Uterus
  5. The Juice is Worth the Squeeze
6-10 are any of my other followers that would like to participate! :)

*s

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congrats and thanks for the nomination. I totally agree, people shouldn't make those comments! And what is the deal with people not knowing how to do the TP right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving booties this season, too! And the TP pet peeve made me laugh... My hubs does that all the time!!

    ReplyDelete