So today is already 1 day post retrieval. But first I want to backtrack and tell you about the weekend and the last shots I had to do.
I went into the dr on Saturday morning (its sort of a pain to have to go on the weekends because the satellite offices are closed and the main office is about 40 minutes away). But i trekked in there anyway for my blood test. They told me to trigger that night and then to come in Sunday for more bloodwork to make sure the trigger worked. Cool beans...
Off I go to my acupuncture appointment, which is an hour in the opposite direction, and of course as I'm getting out of that appt, the dr calls with the instructions to do the trigger shot, but also to add back in ONLY the follistim. I'm guessing there were a few eggs that they just wanted to try to get a bit larger before the retrieval. This would have all been fine and dandy, except... I didn't have any follistim left! Sooooo, i had to trek all the way back to Somerset to the dr's office so they could give me a Follistim to use, and then I would have to order it from the pharmacy and replace it once I got it. UGH. Have I mentioned that no meds are covered by insurance at all? So $560 for 1 cartridge of Follistim later, I should be getting it delivered today and can replace the one they gave me.
Later that afternoon (after a day of fighter with the hubby, ugh, i won't even get into THAT) we were off to the NY Jets game. My hubby is a Jets FA-NA-TIC. He has season tickets and goes to every game. The new rule for all NFL games is that you can't bring purses into the stadium. And I had a lunch cooler packed with needles and medications! It was surprising that it was relatively easy to get everything in, we just had to get clearance from security, everyone assumed it was diabetes meds... isn't that fun? And we were on our way. I had to do 2 shots. The follistim at 8:30 and the HCG trigger at 10. I was a bit nervous about having to do these out in public, but i figured the Follistim would be simple since it was in a pen, and you basically dial the dose and shoot up.
Here was where we made a "mistake". At 8:30, hubby accompanied me to use the "Family Restroom". Basically a larger private restroom with the toilet, sink and changing table all in one room. This was perfectly ideal. As I was preparing everything, the guy who had been waiting behind us, starts shouting "Come on in there! Hurry up!" and BANGING ON THE DOOR!! Like for reals??? Dude, i am highly hormonal and trying to give myself a shot and you are banging on the door like a child??? Not to mention you have a child in your arms??? And there is a men's room about 500 ft away? OK, so i get thru the shot, put everything away and we open the door. As we are walking past the rude asshole, he has the nerve to say to me, "were you holding it for him?" Well that pretty much set my hubby off. He said, "my wife had to inject medications into herself you f*cking asshole!" and the guy pushes past us (with kid, who was at least 4 or 5) and shuts the door. So my sometimes hot-headed italian hubby kicks the door like the guy had been doing to us! Which then the guy (from the inside) goes apeshit and starts kicking and pounding on the door back! WITH HIS KID INSIDE!!!
I just couldn't even believe it. Security rushes over, and Gary tells him the guy in the bathroom was harassing me and is the one banging on the door from the inside, so they let us go!
It just makes me SO mad that that guy probably had NO problem conceiving his kid and look at what an asshole he is! And what a jerk his kid will probably turn out to be having that guy as a father... life is just not fair sometimes.
I smartened up and went to the first aid station to do the 10pm HCG shot. Being that i had to mix that one, i wasn't taking any chances in getting interrupted. And it went completely smoothly except that one hurt like the dickens.
Sunday I was back at the dr and cleared to go for retrieval on Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment