| our 2 little blasts! |
So at 10:30, hubby, ma dukes and I (and a LOT of water) headed to the clinic for the transfer. For some reason, I felt more anxiety going for this procedure than I did on Monday. I don't know why, but I think that knowing this is the last step, and knowing, there's nothing left to do but wait after this, just had me feeling quite anxious.
Luckily, I had an acupuncturist meet me there and the acupuncture really helped to calm me down. She also said that 70% of her patients that did acupuncture in the office at the transfer ended up pregnant. Who knows if that's really true, but it gave us some extra hope!
The procedure itself was... uncomfortable to say the least. I mean, its not like my bladder was super full or anything LOL, but I was DYING on that table trying not to pee all over the doctors. I heard them mention that my uterus was curved so they were having a bit of a hard time getting the catheter to the spot. But they did get it in there and popped my little blasts into place.
And then the inevitable happened.... I had to use..... the bedpan. After drinking more than 32 oz (half gallon) of water in 2 hours, there was no way I was going to be able to hold it anymore. Luckily the nurses are used to this sort of thing, but still semi-embarassing.
After another acupuncture session and laying semi-inverted for 30 minutes it was home for bedrest for the rest of the day (and into today). I think I slept like 20 hours out of sheer boredom! And that's where we are right now. Hopefully these two little bambinos are getting ready to implant themselves and continue to grow. I can only pray and leave it in God's hands at this point!
Praying right alongside you, girl! xoxo
ReplyDelete